kayla nykol

a blog about things.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

i got a package today!

i recently shopped the asos mid-season sale (hope you all did too!) and wanted to share a little bit about my items. my first package came today and it was perfect and bad all at once.

 
i was obsessed with this as soon as i saw it. i had so many plans and i knew it would fit perfectly into my wardrobe. when my asos package finally came today, i threw this on first. two things i noticed immediately: even though i sized down from a 22 to a 20, this was still so baggy. i know this dress is supposed to be "oversized" (that's one of the things i love about it) but it's oversized to the point that it's hanging off of me...bad look. the second thing was the material and look (on me) reminded me so much of a graduation gown. it was longer than pictured in the photo and it wasn't working. i'm so bummed that i have to return this.



when i saw that this was on sale for 30 dollars, i knew i had to have it. again, i sized down from 22 to 20 and bought it! i think this item is currently out of stock at asos, but if it isn't...buy it! it's perfect. it fits really nicely and it's warm and cozy and just the way i pictured it in my head.

i purchased some other things i'm still waiting for (including the peter pan collar dress in black)  and i really hope they don't disappoint. what do you guys think of the new items asos posted?

ps - did you hear the news about H&M? thanks for the details lauren!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry that zipper dress didn't work out for you! That coat is badass, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw so many people with that coat and I would seriously love to have it ... except my weather does not allow. It is perpetually summer and hot and humid where I am at and would have done the coat no justice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chelle - isn't it though? i feel like such a rockstar when i wear it!

    merry traveller - that's such a bummer! i love warm weather, but i wouldn't be able to handle it 365.

    ReplyDelete